- Maintain our trading servers by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Improve our systems through automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and speed of development.
- Troubleshoot network issues and work with telcos and hosting providers on optimizing our network paths.
- Take full responsibility for servers under management and respond to production incidents/issues during agreed upon time windows.
Required Basic Qualifications
- English level – upper-intermediate.
- Positive attitude, ability to work under pressure.
- Given overarching goals, be able to independently research, suggest and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with MySQL or PostgreSQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Elasticsearch and MongoDB).
- Proficiency in computer networking; although certification is not required, must understand networks at the level of Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or better; must be able to configure and troubleshoot server network interfaces in complicated multi-interface, multi-VLAN environments.
- Experience with high-performance networks and hardware such as 10GbE, 40GbE, Mellanox, Solarflare, Arista.
- Good knowledge of network protocols stack: Ethernet, IP, UDP, TCP; OSI model; understanding of network equipment functions (switches, routers); understanding of routing mechanisms.
- Experience with network-related administration/analysis tools such as tcpdump, Wireshark, protocol analyzers, capture tools, tcpdump/tcpreplay, etc. strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Linux kernel performance-related settings, advanced IO and network protocol optimization techniques; ability to tune RHEL servers for low-latency / high-performance operations.